The Grand Reopening – SBCK
It’s been a long few months, and we’re excited to announce that SBC is open and ready to serve you in Kalamazoo! We have been working tirelessly to improve our already detailed cleaning procedures to ensure the safety of our staff and patrons.
That being said, there’s been some changes in order to comply with the guidance set forth by the Governor, and locally by our community. Here’s what you can expect to see when you visit SBCK:
- Masks – Simply put: No shoes, No shirt, No mask, No service. Every one of our staff members will be equipped with masks to ensure the safety of our guests, and it is required that all customers do the same to protect our staff. All guests must wear a mask when they enter and exit the building, as well as if they leave their table to visit the restroom, etc. Masks can be removed when seated at a table.
- Gloves/Hand Washing – All of our kitchen staff will be wearing gloves when handling your food preparations. Service staff will be thoroughly washing and sanitizing hands between guests.
- Sanitizer – We have hand sanitizer stations located throughout the brewery. Please use them frequently and as much as you please. If you want to sanitizer your entire arms, face, etc – that’s cool. We appreciate your thoroughness.
- Virtual or Recyclable Menus – We would encourage all of our guests to utilize our virtual menu. You can find it here. We also have QR codes posted outside the building, and at every table to pull it up directly on your phone. If you don’t have the ability to use our virtual menus, we will provide you with a one-time use recyclable menu.
- A lot of cleaning – We will have extra staff on every shift to make sure that all high-touch areas of the brewery are cleaned on a regular basis. Every table will be double-cleaned between guests, once with a general cleaner, and once with a sanitizer. Along with the table, all condiments will be removed from the tables and sanitized between each guest.
- 6 feet of distance – Our Pub has been reduced to a 50% capacity with at least 6 feet between each table. The tables on the patio have been moved to ensure a 6 foot distance between each table.
- Limited Large Tables – We are temporarily unable to accommodate groups larger than 8 and our seating for any parties larger than 4 is extremely limited. We cannot move our tables from their current positions for any reason due to social distancing guidelines.
- No waiting area – The Pub will often be on a wait, due to the reduced seating capacity. Guests are required to wait in their vehicle for their table, or outside keeping social distance from other guests. Tables are sill available on a first come, first serve basis. We do not take reservations.
- Touchless Pay – You will no longer be cashed out at your table with your server. Instead, your server will hand you your bill, and you will head up to the cashier who will close out your tab.
- Growler Fills – We are now happy to fill growlers of everything on tap at SBCK. We will wash and sanitizer your growler before we fill it. If you are dining at a table, please let your server know you need a growler fill. If you are coming in for carry out and would like a growler fill – please see the cashier first. You will pay for your growler, and then you will be directed on where to go to get your fill!
- Temporary Increased Pricing – Here’s the down side. The COVID pandemic has really been a game-changer for the restaurant industry. We have faced increased costs in every avenue of business. Meat producers have increased pricing due to closures, and has put pressure on the food-supply chain. We also have an increased cost in sanitizers, cleaning supplies, and PPE. Along with that, we have an increased staff on every shift to ensure all cleaning is done correctly. We have tried to absorb these costs, but it is impossible for us to continue to do so. We have had to temporarily increase some of our food costs. We fully expect that these costs are only temporary, and we intend to lower them again as soon as we can. We appreciate your understanding during this time.
What else can you expect to see?
- A stead stream of carry out. If you aren’t quite ready to dine-in at SBCK, we got you covered! We will be offering our entire menu available for carry out, along with all of our packaged beer (and growlers too!). You can order online by calling the pub at 269-382-2739!
Our goal is to keep all of our staff and customers safe and happy. We know that all of this is pretty different, but we are here to help you and make your experience as amazing as it can be.
We ask that you please be patient and kind with our staff. This is new to all of us, and we’re all learning and adapting every day.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please reach out to us at any point at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Pub at 269-382-2739.
We can’t wait to serve you!